CHCIC501A - Surveying Parents On Interactions

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sue073

CHCIC501A - Surveying Parents On Interactions

Post by sue073 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:37 am

hi everyone
for my assignment i have to make up a survey to send out to to staff or parents i have choose parent so i can get some good feedback as i find staff members stick together on ideas which isn't a bad thing but would like to broaden my ideas more.
anyway the survey is on staff and child interaction
these are the questions i have so far
1. Do you feel that staff interacts with children during the morning/outside session of the day?
2. Do you feel that staffs interact with children during the afternoon/outside session of the day?
3. Have you notice your child interacts with the same staff members upon drop off and pickups each day?
then i came to a Holt and mind blanked..... i thought the topic was a good idea at the time but now im thinking why did i pick this topic i should have gone for a must easier one.
could you please help me with this i need 7 more question to complete my survey so i can get it out to parent and assignment started and completed before my next class which is this Saturday
i know im pushing it... any help would be appreciated
regards
sue
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501A - Surveying Parents On Interactions

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Hey Sue,

With the survey questions you have so far, it may be a little hard for parents to be given a survey on staff interactions when they may not even be aware of what's happening during pickup and drop off... Maybe think of another topic you can use for this parent survey.... menu plan, cultural diversity etc...

Anyways, let me know what you decide so I can try and help you out!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCIC501A survey

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm

I agree with LA you need to find a area more where parents can give you feedback as most of the times parents do not know about the interactions between children & staff as they are not there

Perhaps staff working with parents for toileting makes a good survey
You need to think about areas where the parents can have an opinion ... even things like how they feel about the classroom layout & setup would get a response i think.