CHCIC501A - Supporting Children & Parents Within The Centre

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
hayley

CHCIC501A - Supporting Children & Parents Within The Centre

Post by hayley » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Good afternoon. I have couple of questions that im not really getting or im reading to much into the questions, i just need a few idea to get on the right track as im finding it hard to understand the question and what info is need in the answer. thanks

How do parents and/or carers react to separation from the child?
would this mean what happens after the separation at childcare or what ideas can we use for an easier separation?

How can we support parents and/or carers in their use of an Early Education & Care Service?
could it be effective communication between staff and parents to manage problems issues they may have? or have programs available to staff / parents?

How can you monitor the ongoing commitment to quality care across an Early Education & Care Environments?
could this be have spot checks?

Who would you recommend to participate in the process of reflection & evaluation of your centre’s practices in relation to meeting the National Quality Framework?
i have no idea on this one. some feedback would be awsum !

Provide an example of a compliance requirement in response to licensing regulations?

hemambika

Re: CHCIC501A - Supporting Children & Parents Within The Centre

Post by hemambika » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Harley,

to your 1st question, the word is 'react' .. so it will be better if you write a little about separation anxiety and then how to facilitate an easier separation. Answer can include, fear/ guilt experienced by parents and how caregivers can give assurance.

for the second question, you are on the right track. It includes both the way you communicate with families and measures you take to share information about the child and program with them. Answer can also include opportunities to include the families in decisions and areas where their active participation will be invaluable.

for the 3rd question, you may include self-evaluation and self- reflection. Not sure about spot checks....

for the 4th, it is highly recommended that you involve a 3rd person, who is not a staff or coordinator to participate as they will have a fresh perspective and realistic. The other people include, the staff, families, an higher authority who has great knowledge about the industry.

5th: You can even include the adult/child ratios or even the space requirements both indoors and outdoors for each child.

Hope these were helpful... :) I'm just doing my diploma and nearing final placement...

cheers,
Hema

hayley

Re: CHCIC501A - Supporting Children & Parents Within The Centre

Post by hayley » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks so much hema, that was such a big help, i owe u hehe.. Have a lovely day. Hayley x