CHCIC501A - Development An Improvement Plan For Performance Gap

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Miss P

CHCIC501A - Development An Improvement Plan For Performance Gap

Post by Miss P » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi
I just want to make sure that I have done this right or am on the right track?

I had to chose an example of an identified performance gap in a centre. I have chosen supervision - do you think this is an ok choice?

I just need to know what the process is to identify a performance gap

i have already stated some of the process is to:

review of supervision policy and procedure to ensure it meets current regluations.
observe staff during different periods of the day to evaluate their compliance with set standards.
Distribute policy and superivion map to all staff and review to ensure they understand it.
Have informal discussion and also conduct staff survey regarding supervision.

Any help would be really appreciated!

I also need to develop an improvement plan for this area and am not sure how to set it out as I am not working at the moment. Does anyone know where I can find an exmple?

Thankyou for your time!
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCIC501A - Development An Improvement Plan For Performance Gap

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Miss P
Have PM-ed you something to read to give you an idea of what is required in this unit
Hope it helps.

This is a confusing unit. Don't know how yours was worded but mine was worded in such a way it took me about a week to figure out what they were asking! lol

You seem to be on the right track, I personally think this is an easier unit to do if you are working or have access to a centre. However I suppose you can make a "hypothetical" eg if you are talking about outside supervision make a diagram of the outside and mark places of supervision and then go from there referring back to that and making your improvement ideas etc

Hope it makes sense.

Miss P

Post by Miss P » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Thankyou so much for your quick response Fefe,
I have reviewed the file you inboxed me and I see that I am on the right track. I have been avoiding this question as I feel like I stare at it for what seems like hours and nothing registers. Haha. Sometimes the wording is the biggest hurdle, but once explained easier to comprehend! Your ideas for starting with the backyard plan are an excelent way for me to go back through and review what I have already done and make some adjustments.
Thanks again :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:58 pm

I did my assignment as an existing worker which made things significantly easier.
I would, if I were you, contact your tutor and just clarify how they want you to go about making your improvement plan considering you are not actually working.
It never hurts to get things made clearer from the people who will be marking your assignments :) however in saying that they are probably all on holidays so I would go ahead with what you are doing, I think you are on the right track. Once you get the clarification you can always tweak the answer if need be
Good luck

koh_wyp

Re: CHCIC501A Develop and implement quality improvement plan

Post by koh_wyp » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 pm

To identify the performance gap, you need to conduct a self-assessment of the policy and procedures of your childcare service centre as comparing to the the new standards set by National Quality Standard( by National of Childcare Accreditation Council) i.e. the seven key quality areas i.e. QA1 - Educational Program and Practice; QA2 - Children's health and safety; QA3 - physical environment; QA4 - staffing arrangement, QA5- relationships with children; QA6 - collaborative partnerships with families and QA7- leadership and service management and identify the gaps. Then, you need to develop a continuous improvement plan for the service to address the gaps in these seven areas/.

Miss P

Post by Miss P » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Thankyou for your quick responses. I passed my assignment without any problems. Thanks for your help :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:24 pm

good to hear & glad to help