CHCFC508A- Foster childrens aesthetic and creative development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Carmen26

CHCFC508A- Foster childrens aesthetic and creative development

Post by Carmen26 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 pm

I just want to make sure I am on the right track in answering this question if anyone can please help!

Q. How does dramatic play enhance childrens social development?

A. I believe that dramatic play helps children learn the social aspects of the world. Whether it be role play through puppets or a 'family' playing in the home corner, these interactions show children how and what we do and say in a social setting. It also helps children learn off one another. For example, at work the other day we had two girls sitting down to a tea party when one of them coughed without covering their mouth. The other girl shook her head and said "No ______! We must cover our mouth when we cough so we don't spread germs! One girl taught another that the right thing to do is to cover their mouth.

Do I seem to be on the right track??????

Lorina

Re: CHCFC508A- Foster childrens aesthetic and creative development

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes, it sounds like you're heading in the right direction with your response. Also, it not only gives an opportunity for the children to interact and socialize with one another but it also enables the children to be imaginative and creative.

Check out Resources, Childcare Professionals, Kids Interest Areas which also list the benefits of a home corner setup in a Childcare setting. I'll also add the link here: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/Home_Corner.php

:geek:,
L.A

Carmen26

Re: CHCFC508A- Foster childrens aesthetic and creative development

Post by Carmen26 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Great! Thank you :)