CHCFC508A - Development Of Literacy & Creativity In Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gillespie8

CHCFC508A - Development Of Literacy & Creativity In Children

Post by gillespie8 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:59 am

hey guys i dont quiet know where to get the information for these questions from.

if someone could help please and thank you!!!

Task 5

Write a brief report on your understanding of:

a. How human development impacts upon the development of literacy and creativity of young children.

b. How art and literature can be used as a tool to enhance children’s development and address areas of concern in a child’s development.

c. How a child’s environment and human interactions can positively or negatively impact upon expressive development.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

gillespie8

Re: CHCFC508A - Development Of Literacy & Creativity In Children

Post by gillespie8 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:19 pm

i understand and have completed a
a. How human development impacts upon the development of literacy and creativity of young children.
I believe human development impacts upon the development of literacy and creativity of young children through the ways technology has transform over the years. As of now the human develops the ability to understand and navigate technology so easily. This develops the literacy and creativity of young children through interaction with things such as audio CD story books, I phone/ipads (watching movies, playing games, drawing etc).
Also the human’s development has transformed since the olden days where children were to follow sticked guidelines in school and have their work neat and tidy. Whereas today the humans development has eased, teachers and parents can help children learn to think and solve problems in creative ways by giving them the freedom to make mistakes and by respecting their ideas and thoughts. This happens with greater mobility and use of language through modelling and being allowed to experiment without fearing failure.
I also believe Independence is a big factor in the way human development affects the literacy and creativity of young children. Parents and Teachers should encourage children to think and act without adult’s direction (children are painting farm animals and a child begins to paint scribble the adult should not stop the child from their painting and say no that’s not a farm animal etc) giving this independence give the children the time to use their imagination rather than “doing things by the books”.
Another way human development impacts children is the Exposure to a diverse community giving the children the opportunity to see and experience other cultures and ways of living, acting. Being able to show the children the ways other cultures use literacy and creativity through different languages and craft and giving the children the understanding on how to respect these cultures.

but still cant wrap my head around b and c
i dont understand what kind of development is it talking about?