CHCFC508A - Activity To Develop Creativity In Music

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

CHCFC508A - Activity To Develop Creativity In Music

Post by Steffelz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A Foster Childrens Aesthetic and Creative Development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could tell me if Im on the right track, the Question is:
SUGGEST AN ACTIVITY TO DEVELOP A CHILDS CREATIVITY IN THE AREA OF MUSIC. EXPLAIN HOW THIS ACTIVITY WOUD IMPROVE AESTHETIC AWARENESS.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
My answer is, I would play the children various sorts of music, talk with them about which sounds they like most, and what those instraments are etc. Then I would bring in various instruments and let the children pick what they would like to play and play the instruments to music and/or altogether as a "class band".

I would say that this improves aesthetic awareness as the children are learning about the instruments, the sounds they make alone and when put together, and the children get to learn about what sounds they prefer.

Is this right??
Thanks guys :)

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

ozchez
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCFC508A - Activity To Develop Creativity In Music

Post by ozchez » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:10 am

Sounds ok to me but if you want to extend on the creativity side of it you could always make the instruments as well. I made rain sticks using a postage tube I got from the Post Office and then hammered in nails all the way around. I got the children to put hand prints onto paper which was then wrapped around the tube and they were then given the choice of what materials to place into the tube to make the sounds, such as paper clips, nails, washers etc. I found using long tubes worked best as the sound lasted longer. You could make more than one using different materials inside the tubes and talk about the different sounds.

Don't know if this helps or not