CHCECE024 - Curriculum Approaches

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Thomo98

CHCECE024 - Curriculum Approaches

Post by Thomo98 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi,
So we got an essay about the curriculum approaches but I’m unsure what curriculum approaches there are

Lorina

Re: CHCECE024 - Curriculum Approaches

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm

This could include:

- Waldorf
- Montessori
- Reggio Emilia
- Steiner

:geek:,
Lorina

antonayman@gmail.com

Post by antonayman@gmail.com » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am

please I need help in this scenario
Sienna Over several months staff worked with Sienna to develop the self help skills she needed to increase her independence and self confidence. The other thing that was happening in Sienna’s life was she was moving from a room for babies to a room of toddlers.

The process occurred over time with staff encouraging Sienna to wash her hands in the bathroom rather than with a flannel at the table with the other babies. With encouragement Sienna learnt to do many things independently.
1- In what ways do the Educator’s transition strategies reflect the principles and practices of the Framework?
my answer
Educators supporting Sienna’s belonging, being and becoming as they make transitions.
The educators have taken an active role to help her manage the change and to feel comfortable and confident in her settings.
2-What information collected by the Educators would contribute to assessment for learning?
my answer
what sort of thing did sienna do by her self?
did the families encourage her to be self confidence like dress her cloths or pick up her plate after finishing eating?

3-How could this learning be incorporated at home? Suggest how you could discuss these possibilities with her family?
my answer
the family should encourage her to do things by herself like wash her hand, wear her shoes, etc.

I don't know if I am right please help me
thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm

1. Refer to the Principles and Practices:

Understanding EYLF

2. Talking to Sienna's parent about her self-help skills at home, transitioning ideas to the toddler room, independent skills etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

antonayman@gmail.com

Post by antonayman@gmail.com » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 am

thanks a lot Lorina

Thomo98

Post by Thomo98 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Thank you so much x

Lorina