CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
blonde1977

CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice

Post by blonde1977 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:42 pm

After you have implemented the learning framework over the minimum period, reflect on and document your answers to the following questions:
Document three (3) instances where your practices reflected the framework.

1.Supporting children through transitions
When a child is feeling or looking sad, I ask the child what the matter is, they then go on to tell me they miss mummy or daddy, I am like its ok to miss them and mummy/ daddy will be back to get you, but for now I can give you a hug to make you feel better.
Principles 1 Secure, Respectful, and reciprocal relationship
Practice 4- Intentional teaching
Outcome 1- Children have a strong sense of identity
• Children feel safe. Secure and supported

2.Speaking to families
Interacting with children

Every morning when I walk into a room I say hello to the staff members in the room, then I say hello to each child in the room using their names. If a child has just walked into the room I will say hello to the child and their parent. If the child is destressed I will go over to the parent and ask a few questions just to see how the child is going and how they morning had been so far. I will then take the child outside in the yard, so the child can wave goodbye to their mother or father.
Principles- Partnerships :
Practice Holistic approaches:
Outcome- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing

3.Demonstrating cultural competence
The educators in the kinder room has developed a calendar of events based on a variety of cultural practices found within the service and around the world. This will be used to develop children’s knowledge of different cultures and promote positive attitudes to culture.
Principles- Respect for diversity
Practice- Culture Competence
Outcome 1,
Outcome 2- Children are connected with and contribute to their world.

Can someone tell me if I am on the right track to answering the question.