CHCECE004 - Scenario question

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

CHCECE004 - Scenario question

Post by kirstiejm » Tue May 10, 2022 1:13 pm

I have a scenario question that I'm not sure how to answer. I've always dealt with fussy eaters and parents of children I've dealt with who are good eaters have never had this concern.

Scenario:
Jonty (17 months) attends care 5 days a week. He is very familiar with the routine and cooperates with educators during routine care tasks.
Jonty loves his food! Jonty always eats all of his meals and appears to enjoy the meal time routine. He always sits in the same place with the same group of children who also attend 5 days a week.
Jonty can use a spoon to feed himself and he can drink from a sipper cup.
Jonty's mother Beth is concerned that Jonty is not eating much of his evening meal and lately is not eating his breakfast, which he used to enjoy. Beth wonders if the service should cut down on the amount of food offered to Jonty at lunchtime.

Questions
a. What questions might you ask? (I'm mainly stuck on this one)

b. What resources/websites could you access?
raisingchildren.net.au
careforkids.com.au
healthykids.nsw.gov.au
centre policies

c. How can the service's nutrition policy be used to assist your response?
talk about what we as a centre must provide in accordance with guidelines and regulations.
discuss child's recommended daily intake in accordance with guidelines.
give parent a copy of policy to read if unsure.

Thanks in advance.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE004 - Scenario question

Post by Lorina » Sat May 14, 2022 11:31 am

What time does he have dinner?
What time is breakfast?
Does he have snacks in between?
What types of snacks does he have?

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina