CHCCN511A - Responsibility Of Intruder In The Building

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Casey21

CHCCN511A - Responsibility Of Intruder In The Building

Post by Casey21 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 am

Hi

I'm working on my dimploa and having a little trouble with one of the scenario.

Pactitioners on the late shift are confronted by an intruder who was able to walk straight into the building.
Who is resposible?
Reaseon:

I feel that the supervisor is resposible because it would be their job descrepition to make sure the building is sucure and locked for all childrens, and staffs safety

Cheers Casey
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Armenia princess

Re: CHCCN511A - Responsibility Of Intruder In The Building

Post by Armenia princess » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi Casey,
Everyone is responsible when it comes to intruders not just those on the late shift. The Manager's job is to put in place safety protocols for certain scenarios such as intruders. Then to inform and train All staff members on what to do (as well as parents, in case they are caught up in an incident). You can put into place security measures such as doors, screens, alarms, identification cards, scanners and codes but these still cannot guarantee keeping an intruder out of the centre. One more thing to do is contacting your local police about an emergency alert system which will hopefully lead to an immediate response to any security threat. So if Everyone is made aware of what to do, they will be able to respond accordingly.
Hope this helped :) Hill