CHC50908 - Adapting Routines For Additional Needs & Positive Environment

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mee

CHC50908 - Adapting Routines For Additional Needs & Positive Environment

Post by mee » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 am

Hello Everyone
Can someone please help me with the following questions:
1.Work with others to adapt daily routines to support children with additional needs.
2. Create a positive enviroment based on trust and respect for all children.

Thank you
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Cazza

Re: CHC50908 - Adapting Routines For Additional Needs & Positive Environment

Post by Cazza » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:34 pm

i can assist you with this topic as i have worked with a child with additional needs for almost 2 years now. this module is really easy when you sit down and think about it.

1. with this question, what you need to do is plan a program which includes a child with additional needs. this means that if the child has cerebral palsy for example, you need to work in their daily requirements eg stretches or certain exercises that they need to do every day. Each child with additional needs is different but generally, an overall thng works for all of them. Pick one of the additional needs from your assignment and research it if you dont know much about it then it will make it easier for you to do a daily program or weekly program that involves the additional needs child/children.

2. with this question, i found i had to teach the other children about people with additional needs so they would understand why this child does things differently. when children have been brought up with a child with additional needs, they will see older people in the street and think of the child that they were brought up with. the children will ask A LOT of questions about the child with additional needs, but you need to answer them - don't go into lots of details but make sure the answer covers their question and is easy to understand. When children are brought up like this, it will build trust between everyday children and children with additional needs.

hope this helps you with this question. let me know if you need any more assistance (the child i look after has cerebral palsy) which is what i did this assignment on :)

mee

Re: CHC50908 - Adapting Routines For Additional Needs & Positive Environment

Post by mee » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 pm

thank you very much Cazza, you have helped me alot!