Assignment 1 supporting competence journal task

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Caitlinleanne7394

Assignment 1 supporting competence journal task

Post by Caitlinleanne7394 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:25 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC505A Foster Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
ANy ideas for what experiences at the centre i should be looking for to answer the learning opportunities below.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have completed two out of four of the experiences but i dont no if the ones i've done are correct. the ones i have done are below

Description and Message:
I NEED HELP!

my assignment is due in 1 week and i havn't completed this part of the assignment.

the question is

Over the next few weeks record two examples of each 8 in total incidental learning opportunity relating to the following that you were able to engage in with. A paragraph for each example is required.

Environment

Sustainability ( this can be environmental, economic or social.)

Connecting with people, places , technologies

Connecting with natural materials

I have so far.

Environment - Indoor - Block building
- outdoor - Obstacle course

Sustainability - indoor - fish tank experience
- outdoor - Vegetable path

IS this right so far.. i no i have to write a paragraph but these are just the recorded learning opportunity.

can anyone give me suggestions of what i could say for connecting with people, places, technologies and connecting with natural materials. cause im not sure what to look for at the centre for each of these to write about.

THANK YOU

RoslynTolcher

Re: Assignment 1 supporting competence journal task

Post by RoslynTolcher » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 pm

With at technology look at things like computers your centre should have them as well as things like cameras.For communiy this would involve people visiting for things like shows etc.Hope this helps :D

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi there
Natural materials - could be all sorts - introducing into play pine cones, branches, flowers. You can use these to add to existing play things like blocks/sandpit etc.
For sustainability I think something like a work farm or a recycling box.
Technologies can be calculators, cameras, typewriters as well as computers and ipads etc. Depends on how much $$ a centre is lucky enough to have.
Places - could be looking at where we come from, looking at globes,maps, books etc.
Hope this gives you some ideas
CAthiek

Caitlinleanne7394

Post by Caitlinleanne7394 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 pm

thanks to both of you this has helped me alot :)