Advocate for the Rights and Needs of Children and Young people CHCCN520C

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jules.garcia

Advocate for the Rights and Needs of Children and Young people CHCCN520C

Post by jules.garcia » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi!
I am on my last bit of study and I just would like to have more ideas on how to monitor the centre environment for discriminatory practices as a childcare manager.
Please give me more ideas :idea: :idea:
thanks heaps :)

jules.garcia

Re: Advocate for the Rights and Needs of Children and Young people CHCCN520C

Post by jules.garcia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

:) hi L.A.,
Thanks for replying. I just need few more ideas to finish off this unit. I would be pleased of you could help me.

The questions are:
a) How do you promote the rights, interests and needs of children?

>>> my answers are: active support and promoting awareness....
b) As a childcare manager, how do you monitor the centre environment for discriminatory practices?
>>> answered: organising staff meetings, suggestion box, encouraging individuals to speak out their grievances...

What do you think? Anyhow, I am pretty sure there are some more answers out there. :idea:
I'm looking forward to your respond.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Jules,
How do you promote the rights, interests and needs of children?

You can also include:
  • Support each individual child's self-esteem and pride in their family, community, and linguistic heritage.
  • Provides opportunities for children to discover and appreciate differences and similarities among people.
  • Assist children to value differences, enabling them to live together in a diverse society.
  • Provide appropriate opportunities for families to be involved in the curriculum process including sharing their background with others, their expectations of the service, and the opportunity to give feedback and evaluation.
  • Utilise the linguistic and cultural skills, as well as unique talents and knowledge of individual staff and families.
As a childcare manager, how do you monitor the centre environment for discriminatory practices?

You can also include:
  • Ensure that appropriate support, advice and resources are provided to staff in order to meet the needs of the families of children with special rights.
  • Provide opportunities for ongoing professional development that focuses on theory and practice in anti-bias, social justice and diversity.
  • Whenever possible qualified staff are employed to reflect equity in gender, sexuality and (dis)ability, and the cultural and social mix of the community.
  • Provide staff and resources to support the successful implementation of children’s services programs that honour diversity and reflect anti bias.
  • Funds are provided to purchase appropriate materials/resources to support a program that honours diversity and reflects anti bias.

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

jules.garcia

Post by jules.garcia » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks L.A.! :)

You had been a great help... :thumbup:

Cheers,
jules ;)

speckledfrog

Post by speckledfrog » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi there I'm new to this & not sure if I'm posting in the right area......

CHC50908 Advocate for the rights & needs of children & young people

I am working on my diploma and am stuck on one question in Advocate for the rights & needs of children & young people.
Q6. When children's rights and/or needs are not being met what services & support agencies are available & how do you access their services?

I have found the rest of this units information quiet easy to locate however I am not sure if there is a specific service/agency for support in this field in or if its more general - such as Gateway Service or Child Protection????

I think I am getting myself a little confused.... Any guidance would be appreciated