safety concern

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
feathers

safety concern

Post by feathers » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:47 pm

hello,

I am a parent and would like some guidance on how to approach my child's centre over concerns about another child.

ive previously expressed concerns with him as my child comes home repeatedly saying they have been hurt by him (hit or pushed, toys stolen etc). my child is also copying bad behaviours. ive asked that the two be separated when possible.

recently the other child stomped on my childs head. i feel this is a serious safety incident and should be treated differently to the other incidents of pushing and bad behaviour. my child and the other child are on a behaviour management plan and I'm not satisfied that this is enough to prevent another incident. the next time this happens it could be far worse.

id be grateful for guidance on how to approach the centre with my concerns. i am very concerned about my childs safety and that of other children as well.

thank you

Lorina

Re: safety concern

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:43 pm

Hi There!

Have you had a formal discussion with your child's educator about the prevention strategies that have been put in place to stop the other child from hurting your child?

Have you spoken to the Director of the service?

Since this is a very concerning issue then a formal meeting needs to happen between you, the director and your child's educator to discuss the strategies they are using to ensure your child is kept safe.

Is it possible for you to change the days of your child care so he isn't around the other child?

Is there another room in the centre that the child can move to on the days they are together?

Hopefully, you can work out a solution with the centre!

:geek:,
Lorina

yukie_w

Re: safety concern

Post by yukie_w » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:01 pm

just wondering can educator bring the children sit on the kitchen floor while the educator doing the dishes?
( as i remember and understanding. NO. but i forgot where it says.)
thanks