Agressive children

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: Agressive children

Post by dulciean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:31 pm

L.A- we have the exact same issue with a child at my centre. An acrimonious divorce, permissive parenting, lack of boundaries, exposure to violent computer games and movies and a possible sensory/ developmental delay make for one extremely challenging and exhausting , angry little boy... The effects of his family's dysfunction reach far and wide both for hi, other children in his class and us as educators. So difficult , these situations.

Lorina

Re: Agressive children

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Parents always think children arent bothered or effected with these problems but its obvious that they are. I got one boy at my centre and Dulcien you got another that two that we know of. There are a lot of marriages that doesnt last these days and its really making kids suffer. Frustrates me so much when families are torn apart and the child is suffering from it! So sad. I was thinking of making this child a calming bag or something. When he starts getting aggressive he can be taken aside and use the calming bag. Still working on this idea though. Just want to help and try something from my end.

:geek:,
L.A