1,2,3 Magic

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rikkay85

1,2,3 Magic

Post by rikkay85 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:31 am

Hi everyone;

I just wanted to know peoples thoughts about the 123 Magic discipline system in the child care centre. And if any one has used it successfully or if anyone has any other suggestions, for the times when re-direction and quiet/cool down time don't work

Lorina

Re: 1,2,3 Magic

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Hey Rikkay,

I haven’t actually heard of the 123 Magic discipline system that you are referring to. At my centre it’s all about positive guidance and I have to say that at times it doesn’t work for all the kids and in the end we get totally frustrated… If redirection/ quiet cool down times don’t work I would normally remove the child from that activity/situation and get them to do a drawing or read a book. After a couple of minutes I would talk with the child about why they were removed from that particular activity. Then the child will rejoin the activity/situation. This usually helps and especially if you are consistent and the children are aware of your expectation regarding behavior and that you won’t put up with any misbehavior from them.

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: 1,2,3 Magic

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 pm

I have not heard of this 123 Magic system either, I have always done the same as L.A, I find that usually making actions and consequences clear to the child and sticking to it eventually rewards you with few problems from the children.