working towards diploma when studying ECT

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
SJayDee

working towards diploma when studying ECT

Post by SJayDee » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:24 pm

Hey everyone, s
So I'm a little confused as to if I can currently count as a working towards diploma educator. It says on ACECQA that if you have a CERT III and then have completed 11 specific CERT III units you can count as working towards diploma? Am i missing something or wouldn't this just make anyone with a cert III able to count as WT diploma? I thought you would have to be enrolled in the diploma or am I just missing that haha Please help Im so confused.

So I have a CERT III (2011) and I have all those 11 units they list on ACECQA and am currently doing my ECT through Swinburne online. I've completed 7 units and come march it will be 9 units complete. I've been waiting so I can have 30% done so I can count as a diploma but going by what I understand I think I can already count as one.

My work really has a shortage right now of diplomas so can I count as one? Or as a working towards? And if I can what would be the pay level for this? I'm currently on 3.3.

Thank you, sorry if that was confusing

Lorina

Re: working towards diploma when studying ECT

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:24 pm

Hi!

To be counted towards the Diploma you will need to be studying the Diploma qualification as well as have completed the cert 3 units mentioned.

Since you have already completed the cert 3 units, once you complete 30% of your ECT course then yes, you can be counted towards the Diploma.

In regards to pay, it depends on your position. If you are a room leader then you will be on Level 4.A.1.

:geek:,
Lorina

SJayDee

Post by SJayDee » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:54 pm

Thank you so much.

I see what I was missing now - that you need to be enrolled in the diploma

SJayDee

Post by SJayDee » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:01 pm

So when I’ve done 30% of my ECT I can count as a diploma so that would be 9.6 units (it’s 32 I think)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 am

Yes! Once you complete 30% you can be counted as a Diploma.

Lorina

Kalie

Post by Kalie » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm

Hi Lorina,

I have Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and working towards a master's of teaching (primary). If I work in a center while studying for my master's degree, what job classification would I be under?"

Thank you.

jimbomo

Post by jimbomo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 am

Yes, it sounds like you can currently count as a working towards diploma educator. As long as you have a Cert III and the 11 specific cert III units listed on ACECQA, you can qualify as a working towards diploma educator at the appropriate pay level. The pay level for this would be 3.3, which is what you're currently being paid. However, since you will be completing the ECT diploma through Swinburne Online, you may eventually be able to qualify as a fully qualified diploma educator at the higher pay level.

Anewuserrrr

Post by Anewuserrrr » Sun May 28, 2023 1:47 am

Hello, if I currently hold my cert 3 in early childhood and im currently studying full time (diploma) and already almost 50% through the course am I entitled to be getting diploma wages?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 30, 2023 4:16 am

Anewuserrrr wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:47 am
Hello, if I currently hold my cert 3 in early childhood and im currently studying full time (diploma) and already almost 50% through the course am I entitled to be getting diploma wages?
No, you will only get Diploma wages once you have completed the Diploma course.

Lorina