working as a group leader but have completed my advanced diploma...work pay rate ???

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
starchick1

working as a group leader but have completed my advanced diploma...work pay rate ???

Post by starchick1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:45 am

Hi
I have completed my advanced diploma but I am working as a group leader, does my pay stay the same as a 4.1 in children's services award or does it go up because of my qualification ?? Even if I am not acting as an assistant director or director.

Much appreciated for help

Lorina

Re: working as a group leader but have completed my advanced diploma...work pay rate ???

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:46 am

I had a read through the Children's Services Award and it doesn't specify anywhere how much an Advance Diploma room leader should be paid. However, the Advance Diploma specializes in managing a centre specifically for an assistant director or director role. So, at the moment since you are a room leader you're not using these skills you acquired in the advance diploma. That's probably why you are being paid the wage of a diploma. Once you get an assistant director position then you cannot be paid lower that a Level 5.4 which is around $23/per hour minimum. With your current centre every 12 months your hourly wage will increase for the first couple of years... If you can get yourself an assistant director or director position then it's definitely worthwhile (especially with your advance diploma qualification).

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A