PLANNING A SOCIAL CELEBRATION!

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
staceycat

PLANNING A SOCIAL CELEBRATION!

Post by staceycat » Mon May 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC301A - SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
PLAN A CELEBRATION FOR CHILDREN TO ATTEND IN A CHILD CARE CENTRE FOR A SPECIAL DAY EG: TEDDY BEARS PICNIC, CULTURAL CELEBRATION

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
N/A

Description and Message:
THE FOLLOWING POINTS NEED TO BE SEEN TO:

[*]THE THEME
[*]AGE OF CHILDREN
[*]TIME
[*]4 GAMES TO PLAY NOTING SOCIAL INTERACTION FOR EACH
[*]FOOD TO EAT CONSIDERING NUTRITION NOTING SOCIAL INTERACTION
[*]WHERE IS IT BEING HELD - INDOOR/OUTDOOR
[*]NOTE SOCIAL LEARNING THAT IS TAKING PLACE

I KNOW THIS IS QUIET SIMPLE BUT I AM JUST LOOKING FOR IDEAS TO HELP PUT IT ALL TOGETHER AND ASSIST WITH THE SOCIAL INTERACTIONS NEEDING TO BE NOTED.

THANKS SO MUCH[/i]

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: PLANNING A SOCIAL CELEBRATION!

Post by cathiek » Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 pm

OK Stacey - don't overthink this - going with what you think is right will probably be right!!

For instance if your children have been doing lots of learning/reading/craft about teddy bears you could organise a teddy bears picnic as a culminating activity.
Firstly set a date & choose which age group you will work with (3-4's would be my choice!)
Secondly, you will need to send a note home asking all families to send their child in with a (Named) teddy bear on that day. make sure you have a few spares up your sleeve for those who forget.
Set up a cooking activity that all the children can join in (check allergies first) for the teddy bears picnic - for instance making sandwiches using teddy bear shaped cutters. this encourages social interaction as they work together 'cooking'. Have other food available in the theme (teddy biscuits/fruit platters - because teddy's love fruit - that might help your littlies eat some too, maybe a treat like chocolate tiny teddy biscuits and juice/water.
Think of some action songs the children can do with their teddies - teddy bear teddy bear turn around etc.
If you have a large blanket (or better still a play parachute, put the teddys on it & the children can bounce them up and down on it. Ask certain children to put their teddys on at certain times to encourage discussion and collaboration.
Plan for outside eating but have a contingency plan in case of rain.
Set up home corner pretend eating so teddys can also enjoy morning tea whilst their owners talk to one another about their teddy's day.
Perhaps do threading if you can find the teddy shaped pasta. Doing this in a group will encourage conversation and social interaction that you can make anecdotal notes about, or take photos for a learning story/display in your room.
Hope this gives you some ideas. Last year my children had a teddy bear olympics that was lots of fun for all :)
cathiek