Wages For Newly Qualified Diploma

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Stephanie1

Wages For Newly Qualified Diploma

Post by Stephanie1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Hello
I have just recently qualified as a Diploma and I gave a copy of it to my employer who I have been working as a casual. They pay fortnightly which starts Friday. I gave them the copy on the Monday and when I received my wages I was paid the "working towards" wages of $22.... Is that because the pay fortnight had already started and I will be paid the qualified casual rate next pay or should they pay me the qualified Diploma rate starting the day they received it? Thankyou.

Lorina

Re: Wages For Newly Qualified Diploma

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 am

Hmmm... interesting question... I would assume that you should be paid from when you hand in your qualification since at that time you will be a qualified educator, so your wages should reflect this...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 am

I'm going to contact Fair Work Australia and find out for you...

I would like to know the same...

Lorina

Stephanie1

Post by Stephanie1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 am

Thankyou Lorina. I have tried to get in touch with fair work. The wait times were too long and the email i received back didn't answer my question. i'll try again.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 pm

I'll contact them for you regarding your enquiry...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:44 pm

I've just sent them an enquiry... I will let you know once they respond back... it usually takes 1 or 2 days...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:45 pm

I just received the following advice from Fair Work Australia:
Assuming you are referring to the Children's Services Award 2010 you want to review clause 14.2 Progression for children’s services employees as well as Schedule B—Classification Structure and in particular B.1.4 Level 3 (b) Progression as well as B.1.6 Level 4. For example, an employee needs to be also appointed as a group leader to be paid the Level 4.

When it is established which Level and/ or pay point applies, because of the Diploma certificate the employee will be entitled to that level from the time they obtained the qualification which is the date on the certificate even if the actual certificate only became available at a later date.

Basically, this means that you should be paid your Diploma rate from the date it shows on your certificate since you have become qualified on that particular date.

Hope this helps!

Lorina