Transferring Trainee Wage

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
withthepixies

Transferring Trainee Wage

Post by withthepixies » Sat May 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
I completed 3 months at my first centre, that I signed on as a trainee at.
This centre paid for my studies and all of my text books, and I was getting paid $14.56
My first centre ended up having too many trainees and as the last one in, I offered to be the first one out.
The first centre wrote me a lovely reference and I found a new centre that was happy to take me on.

I have been at my new centre for 5 months now and I am very happy.
But someone brought to my attention that my second centre hasn't paid for any of my studies at all, but still pays me as a trainee ($14.56)
This person says I should be getting paid at least an unqualified cert 3 wage, but I don't know what that would be and I really wanted to check with someone who knew better, as I don't want to discuss pay rates with my director if this information is not correct.

Thank you for reading this, I would really appreciate if you could take the time to help out with this at all.

Thank you so much!

Lorina

Re: Transferring Trainee Wage

Post by Lorina » Mon May 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Ok, at your current centre are you a trainee? Are you completing a traineeship with them? Or are you studying your cert 3 with an RTO separately and working at your centre?

Just need to confirm so I can get you the correct pay rates.

:geek:,
Lorina

withthepixies

Post by withthepixies » Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Thank you so much for replying Lorina!
I am signed on through the RTO, but I’m not sure if I’m a trainee with the centre?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 am

Ok well, we have to try and work it out - have you got a contract? Can you have a look through it and let me know if it mentions anything about your position.

On your payslip, what level does it state?

Can you ask at work?

:geek:,
Lorina