Should Our Pay Have Increased?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
SJayDee

Should Our Pay Have Increased?

Post by SJayDee » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:32 pm

So with the increase in minimum wage we were told our new pay wouldn’t come into effect until the next pay cycle (paid f/nightly) I’ve just received my payslip and I’m still being paid $29.86 (I’m a cert III casual who has held a cert III since 2012) when I checked the award it was about $33.
I just don’t want to go into work tomorrow and say I’ve been paid wrong without knowing if Im meant to have had a pay increase now that it’s the first complete pay cycle since the 1st July.

Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Should our pay have increased?

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:07 pm

Hi!

Yes, since it is the full pay circle from 01 July you should have been paid the 4.6% increase. You should just ask your employer and the 4.6% pay increase.

:geek:,
Lorina

infe1990

Post by infe1990 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:56 pm

Lorina wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:07 pm
Hi!

Yes, since it is the full pay circle from 01 July you should have been paid the 4.6% increase. You should just ask your employer and the 4.6% pay increase.

:geek:geometry dash subzero,
Lorina
What should I do if my employer refuses to give me the pay increase?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:22 pm

What should I do if my employer refuses to give me the pay increase?
Well that can't refuse because then they will be paying you below the minimum wage which is illegal... you have to be at least earning the minimum wage.

May I ask what are you currently getting?

:geek:,
Lorina

boccebond

Post by boccebond » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:43 pm

Lorina wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:07 pm
Hi!

:geek:,drift hunters
Lorina
I've consistently exceeded my goals, and I'd like to talk about adjusting my salary to reflect this higher level of contribution."

pinabthakkar

Re: Should Our Pay Have Increased?

Post by pinabthakkar » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:13 am

I had a similar situation at my job. When the minimum wage bumped up, they told us the same thing about the next pay cycle. But, like you, I was still seeing the old rate on my payslip. I'd suggest giving your HR or payroll a heads-up before jumping to any conclusions. Maybe there's a lag in updating the system.