Regarding pay rate

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Sadie

Regarding pay rate

Post by Sadie » Fri May 14, 2021 5:49 pm

Hi there! I'm pursuing Bachelor of Early Childhood Education in Sydney and I've completed 37% of my total course. I work part-time in an early learning centre and earn $AUD21.79 per hour. My friends who have completed the same units as I have earn a diploma level pay. I'm unsure if my pay is correct and I'm wondering how to bring up the topic with my director. Any help with be appreciated!

Lorina

Re: Regarding pay rate

Post by Lorina » Sun May 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi!

Have you got a cert 3 or diploma qualification?

How long overall have you been working in early childhood?

What is your current position?

I just want to confirm the above information before checking your correct level of pay.

:geek:,
Lorina

Sadie

Post by Sadie » Sun May 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Thank you for your response. I don’t have a certificate 3 or a diploma qualification but I’m working towards my ECT and I’ve finished 37% of my total course. I’ve been working part time as an assistant educator for over a year and a half now, I think.

Thank you.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Thanks for the info!

As per Acecqa to be counted as a Diploma, you have to meet the following:

enrolled in an ACECQA approved qualification and have started study
making satisfactory progress towards completing the course
meeting the requirements to maintain enrolment.
have completed 30% of the units in an approved ECT qualification.

So, since you're meeting these requirements, yes technically you should be counted towards a Diploma which is Level 3.4 (as an assistant diploma educator).

I am sure it's just an oversight from the Directors end, so you may want to have a brief chat about it to find out what's going on.

Lorina

Bella_62
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by Bella_62 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:33 pm

I have a question.......I was hired whilst I was doing my Cert III, as a Level 2.2.... which I finished January 15, 2020. What I would like to know is, i am Cert III qualified, what is the level classification and what pay rate for that level.....as there are colleagues that are either still doing their Cert III or just completed it which are being paid a Level 3 wage and higher!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri May 21, 2021 2:02 am

Yes since you have completed your cert 3 qualification, you should be on Level 3.2. This is because when you completed your qualification in January 2020, you should of been on Level 3.1, now it's been more than a year with your qualification so as of January 2021, you should of been on Level 3.2, then January 2022 you move up to Level 3.3.

Hope this makes sense!

Lorina