Pay rates for early childhood teachers

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Pay rates for early childhood teachers

Post by dulciean » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello! Could somebody please put up a link with the rates of pay for a newly qualified ECT working in a LDC setting? I have trouble wading through all the information.
It would be muchly appreciated. Help!

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: Pay rates for early childhood teachers

Post by dulciean » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Hellooooo? ( echo echo) anybody? Somebody? Lol

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:45 pm

I've got the pay rates however it's on my laptop currently on my iPad... I'll post it up by this evening... Sorry missed this question last night...lol...

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:23 am

I had a look through the Modern Award and I think even if you have an ECT degree you would still be classified as Level 4. The minimum wage for Level 4 on commencement is a minimum of $21.27/. If you hold an ECT degree you could be paid a few dollars more since the amount I mentioned is usually for diploma trained. It doesn't state exactly how much an ECT should be getting in a group leader position...only really mentions for a director role.

As a director, on commencement you will be getting a minimum of $25.65/. Even if you hold a diploma, advance diploma or an ECT degree the pay rate is still the same when commencing a role as a director. It doesn't matter on the qualification. However, this is just the minimum and depending on the centre you are employed at you could be paid a lot more....

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:00 pm

3 Year Trained (no experience) 1 $42,177.00 $21.27
2 $43,047.00 $21.71
4 Year Trained (no experience) 3 $44,217.00 $22.30

This is what teachers get
I do not think those employed as teachers get paid according to children's services awards as when you look at the classification there is no thing for teachers and since teachers do not perform Director's duties they do not get paid the same

I know where I work I earn more than our Kindy Teacher who has a 4 yr degree and I have only a completed Diploma!

I have worked places with people who have had degrees but were only paid up till a Diploma level as the were Group Leaders and there is no classification for GLs with degrees!