Pay Rate while studying bachelor

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
aimee2701

Pay Rate while studying bachelor

Post by aimee2701 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi!

I am studying my bachelor of early childhood and primary education, and have been working at my current centre for over a year and a half now. They are paying me 21.07 an hour as they state this is the working towards cert 3 level however, I feel that I should be getting paid more as I am over 30% through my degree now and as stated on ACEQUA, you are 'actively working towards' diploma level if you have completed 30% of your approved ECT qualification. I am recognised as a diploma level by my director as I share open and close in the room with the current room leader, and have for over a year. She has told me she sees me as a diploma level, and counts me as one in ratio checks. Am I being underpaid? I am going to contact fair work about this also, but just wanted your opinion. I haven't done my cert 3 or diploma previously, just straight into the bachelor.

Thanks so much!!

Lorina

Re: Pay Rate while studying bachelor

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:14 am

You cannot be paid as an ECT if you are not the ECT of the service. If you are a room leader then you will be paid as a Diploma since that is your position but you won't be paid an ECT rate for a room leader position.

Are you the ECT of the service or a Room Leader?

Just wanting to confirm so I can tell you your expected wages.

:geek:,
Lorina