Long service leave

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Patrice1

Long service leave

Post by Patrice1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:00 pm

Hello

I just wanted to find out about long service leave.
I've been working at the same child care centre for over seven years but our centre has been sold three times during that period and the name of the center has changed but I continue to be employed the whole time doing the same job. I'm I still entitled to get long service leave?

Lorina

Re: Long service leave

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:30 pm

Hi,

Long service leave is different between states. If you are from NSW, the following information will help:

Long Service Leave NSW

If you're not from NSW, let me know and I'll get you the right information from your state.

:geek:,
Lorina

Patrice1

Post by Patrice1 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:53 pm

Thank you,
I'm in Victoria

Kaseyh

Post by Kaseyh » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Hi I need some help, I worked for the same company for 11 years and decided to quit to pursue a new job and had my long service paid out. My new job fell through so I started to work back at the company that paid my long service. I read somewhere that you continue to accrue long service hours if you go back to that job again within 3 months. I live in Queensland and can’t seem to find any info to help me. My employer is no help either so just though I’d reach out here to see if anyone can.
Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:38 pm

Patrice1 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:53 pm
Thank you,
I'm in Victoria
Here is information regarding Long Service Leave In Victoria

Long Service Leave Victoria

:geek:,
Lorina

ramboo2

Post by ramboo2 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:32 pm

Kaseyh wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:23 pm
Hi I need some help, I worked for the same company for 11 years and decided to quit to pursue a new job and had my long service paid out. My new job fell through so I started to work back at the company that paid my long service. I read somewhere that you continue to accrue long service hours if you go back to that job again within 3 months. I live in Queensland and can’t seem to find any info to help me. My employer is no help either so just though I’d reach out here to see if anyone can.
Thanks
In Queensland, the long service leave entitlements are governed by the Industrial Relations Act 2016 and the Industrial Relations Regulation 2019. According to the legislation, an employee who has completed 10 years of continuous service with the same employer is entitled to long service leave. The leave is accrued at the rate of 1.3 weeks for every completed year of service.

However, if an employee resigns and is re-employed by the same employer within a period of 3 months, the previous period of service may be counted towards the calculation of long service leave. This means that the period of service before you resigned and received your long service leave payout may still count towards your total years of service for the purposes of long service entitlements.

soulahoin

Post by soulahoin » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:27 pm

Your seven years at the child care center should still count towards long service leave, despite the ownership changes and name shifts. Just double-check with HR or local labor laws to be sure.