Job Application Help

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
emily26

Job Application Help

Post by emily26 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi this is my first time in using this site and I don't even know if I am typing this in the right section but anyway I just have a query about an application that I sent through to goodstart last week and the lady rang that afternoon and said she will send my application to my preferred centres and they will be in contact with me to arrange an interview with me either that day or the next, I couldn't believe it I was like oh that was so easy because I have no experience in working in child care and I am only currently studying my cert 3 so im not even qualified. anyway so I knew it would be too good to be true, no one rang me but I wasn't surprised but I just want to know that because no one rang me when the lady said that they would does that mean they didn't consider my application, I just don't know why they would mention the interview and all that and get my hopes up so yeh I am just a bit confused and was going to ring them to follow up on it but needed some advice on whether I should do that or just leave it and carry on. thank you in advance!!! :kiss:

Lorina

Re: Job Application Help

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 am

Hi Emily,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

OK, so this all happened last week right. I think you should wait for at least two weeks maximum. There are many reason that there could be a delay from the directors for not returning your call. However if after two weeks you haven't heard anything then you should start looking somewhere else. That's the thing about dealing with a "middle man" rather than the centre directly. It's up to the director to make the choice in the end not the "middle man". While you wait you can still go ahead and see what else is available out there!

Good Luck

:geek:,
L.A

P.S You chose the right section to add your topic in! :thumbup:

emily26

Re: Job Application Help

Post by emily26 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 am

hey L.A!

thanks heaps for your reply! and yep this happened last week, I know I shouldn't be thinking the worst and should take into consideration that they might be busy or whatever and like you said have other things going on but im so impatient lol and have so much time on my hands at the moment cuz I am currently unemployed and studying by correspondence so yeh im kinda waiting by the phone all day but thank you for your advice and if I don't hear from them within another week or so then I will look else where. also even though I am not qualified yet is it still worth me physically going into a child care centre and explaining that I would love to get my foot in the door and get some hands on experience? any advice or tips would be great! i just don't know where to start and feel like I am stuck in a rut! thank you again L.A :angel: :)