Final wages for the year when Centre is closed for two weeks.

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Angelic8888

Final wages for the year when Centre is closed for two weeks.

Post by Angelic8888 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi,
Received my Wages last week, which was paid till the end of the week.
We are paid fortnightly.

My centre is closed for a few weeks over the Christmas Period, so we have that time allocated as holidays or annual leave, no. choice here.

We haven't been paid our holiday pay as yet, even though the Centre is officially closed
Word of mouth is that we are due to be paid today, hopefully that will be the case.

Has anyone else experienced this, I was under the impression that holidays or annual leave is paid combined with your last pay?

What do others think?

Lorina

Re: Final wages for the year when Centre is closed for two weeks.

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Did you get you pay sorted?

My experience is that our end of the year final pay includes the holiday/annual leave pay that we take over the Christmas break.

The full annual leave that you are entitled too that is accumulated over the year is given when you take your annual leave or your final pay of your last day at work. For example: if you have accumulated 6 weeks annual leave, take 2 weeks off from work because of Christmas you will only be paid the two weeks out of the six weeks you accumulated...

Hope this makes sense,

:geek:,
L.A

Angelic8888

Re: Final wages for the year when Centre is closed for two weeks.

Post by Angelic8888 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi,
Apparently as when we were paid our fortnightly wages last Friday, that was a week early,well we are then paid th next fortnight following on from the fortnightly cycle.
Just the normal fortnightly pay, wouldn't imagine they pad loading.
But they have paid is early one week with our last pay to help us with Christmas.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined not being paid holiday pay and loading before starting on holidays.
Is this even legal?
Even since I have been here I have been underpaid and sort it out, promoted then underpaid,