Director wage

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Boffed

Director wage

Post by Boffed » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:48 pm

I need help with this please
I will be taking over as director for a 75 place long day care centre in melbourne, I have my diploma and have been in the child care industry for 10 years..
My boss thinks my pay should be $27 but I have seen that my pay should be $29 because it goes by the size of the centre. And because we are a 75 place centre i should be getting more? If anyone has a link that shows what I should be getting paid, can I please see it? Thankyou

wimble
Participator
Participator

Re: Director wage

Post by wimble » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm

According to the modern award you should be classified as a level three director (as the centre has more than 60 children): 'A Director Level 3 is an employee appointed as the Director of a service licensed for 60 or more children or a Family Day Care service with more 60 family based childcare workers and is paid at the Level 6.7 to 6.9 salary range.'
Modern children's services award: https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/ccmsv8/Ci ... E=MA000120

The wage for a 6.7 director (on commencement) is $30.65. So you are both wrong (to your advantage!).

Boffed

Post by Boffed » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Thankyou so much you have made my day!!

TimothyNast

Post by TimothyNast » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:08 am

A good review for normal visitors www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com