Diploma studying Degree pay increase?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jeremyhendo

Diploma studying Degree pay increase?

Post by jeremyhendo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm

I currently have my Diploma in Children's Services and I am one year into my Bachelor of Education through CSU. I think I am on above award wage but I cant find the pay scale anywhere to see. If the degree is going to take me another 2.5 years or so, does that mean there is no chance of a pay increase until I am qualified? I know what my director makes and to wait another 2.5 years to become a Director to make that money is to much to take in when running a 24 place toddler room? Any thoughts?

Lorina

Re: Diploma studying Degree pay increase?

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:47 pm

From what I understand, some centres allow you to become a director while you are studying your bachelor degree however I don't think you will be paid the degree wage until you complete your full qualification. The only way of a pay increase until you become a director is if you get an authorized supervisor position or if you can negotiate your wages... I also know what directors get paid and it's so much more than necessary I feel... I understand the importance and responsibility of running a centre however I believe room leaders go above and beyond than some directors and we get nothing to show for it! The only way to make a decent earning now in early childhood it seems is to become a director or work as a casual...

Here is a link to the pay scale and classification structure of the modern award wages:

Link to childcare award - wages

:geek:,
L.A