Diploma Award Rate

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trixstubbs

Diploma Award Rate

Post by trixstubbs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Please help me figure out which level I am in.
I have a Diploma in Children's services for 3yrs now but have only been working in childcare for almost 2yrs. Now I''m getting a permanent job offer which is diploma assistant/floater in all age grps. The offer was level 3.4 diploma, however, I feel like since I've had my diploma for several years and have had experience, I should at least be level 4.1? I am not going to be a room leader though. Do you think it is fair enough for me to negotiate at least a level 4.1 award rate?

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Diploma Award Rate

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi,

Since you will be working as the assistant/floater position even if you have had your Diploma for 3 years or more you will be offered a Level 3.4 pay rate. This level is for all assistants with a Diploma qualification. You can try and negotiate for a Level 4.1 but this is primarily for a room leader. They are not entitled to offer you more than a Level 3.4. You can try and negotiate, the worst thing that could happen is that you stay on Level 3.4 but you can make a point of all the postivies you will bring to the centre being a Diploma qualified assistant and your experiences etc.

You can try and see what happens...

:geek:,
Lorina