completed cert 3 traineeship, wage now??

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
wollaroi

completed cert 3 traineeship, wage now??

Post by wollaroi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm

hello everyone, I am new here, so hopefully I am in the right place???

I completed my HSC in 2012. In June 2013 I started a fulltime 12 month cert 3 traineeship, with a Pre-School & Out Of School Hours care centre.
I have completed my study, all subjects passed. :clap:
My traineeship finish date was 5 June 2014.
I am currently still working the same hours: 15hrs/wk in OOSH, 23hrs/wk in Pre-School.
I am still being paid the trainee rate ($13.07/hr) :wtf:

Today the director told me that next term they are only offering me OOSH hours (3.00pm - 6.00pm), mon-fri. :(

My Question is: How much should I be getting paid????

thanks for taking the time to read :thumbup: :wave:

Lorina

Re: completed cert 3 traineeship, wage now??

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:33 am

Hi Banna,

Congratulations on your completion of your cert 3! That's great! :thumbup:

In regards to your wages, since you are now qualified you should be getting around $19.00/ per hour and you are classified as a Level 3. More information can be found here:

Childcare Wages In Australia

Levels For Childcare Wages

Also it sounds like next term you will be permanent part time because your hours will be less than 38 hrs per week which is considered full time. In my opinion you should be given more of an opportunity and to support a room leader in a room and be given more responsibility. Maybe it's time to find another centre where you will be a full time worker...

Just an idea,

:geek:,
L.A