Children's Services Award Levels

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hailey18

Children's Services Award Levels

Post by hailey18 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello :)

I'm currently studying Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (birth to 5 years).
Since I have finished 65% of my course,
my centre is going to put my course transcript through ACECQA waiver and hire me as an ECT.

I have been working in the centre for about 2 years (1 year as a full-time educator the other year as a permanent casual at least 20 hours a week).

I was wondering what level I am entitled to paid at according to Children's Services Award.

I tried to figure out with the Award but it was a bit tricky to find it out.

It would be great if anybody can tell me the level.

Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Children's Services Award Levels

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:51 pm

So just to confirm you are currently working at the centre as the ECT, full time? Is it a 3 year degree?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Just so I can get your right wage...

Lorina

hailey18

Post by hailey18 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Thank you for the reply :)

Yes I just finished my year 3 1st semester.

No I am working as a casual but they are going to hire me as a part time ECT.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Ok well as far as an ECT goes you are on a different award:

Educational Services Teacher Award (2010).

Sorry another question, have you completed a cert 3 qualification or a diploma qualification?

Lorina

hailey18

Post by hailey18 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:08 pm

No worries :)

Yes I have finished cert 3 and also Diploma :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks for the info! I'm going to contact FairWork and get the correct information for you... They usually take a couple of days to reply so I'll get back to you once I know..

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:27 pm

I have an idea however I don't want to provide you with the wrong information so I'll let you know once I find out more..

Hope this is OK!

Lorina

hailey18

Post by hailey18 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 am

Sure no problem .

Thamk you :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:14 pm

You're welcome!

I'll let you know once I hear back...

Lorina

Boomz

Post by Boomz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:21 am

Hi,

I dont know how to start, so I'll dive right in. I would like to know if I'm getting paid correctly, I'm permanent part time and have been working at my centre for 5 uears now and have recently become diploma qulaified (2 months ago roughly). On mondays i am a group leader and get paid $24.27 which is correct but the days i am not group leader i get paid $20.61? Is this correct. I looked at the classification table thing and the $20.61 is Level 3.1 (commencment) Cert 3 but i have a diploma so does that make me a level 3.4 or do i not get paid that because i am not a group leader the rest of the week?

Really confused :(

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 am

Boomz wrote:Hi,

I dont know how to start, so I'll dive right in. I would like to know if I'm getting paid correctly, I'm permanent part time and have been working at my centre for 5 uears now and have recently become diploma qulaified (2 months ago roughly). On mondays i am a group leader and get paid $24.27 which is correct but the days i am not group leader i get paid $20.61? Is this correct. I looked at the classification table thing and the $20.61 is Level 3.1 (commencment) Cert 3 but i have a diploma so does that make me a level 3.4 or do i not get paid that because i am not a group leader the rest of the week?

OK so for the days you are group leader since you have just completed your Diploma qualification you would be on Level 4.1. For the days you are working as an assistant educator within the room you will be on Level 3.4. A Level 3.4 is the assistant educator position who is Diploma qualified...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:41 am

Lorina wrote:
Boomz wrote:Hi,

OK so for the days you are group leader since you have just completed your Diploma qualification you would be on Level 4.1. For the days you are working as an assistant educator within the room you will be on Level 3.4. A Level 3.4 is the assistant educator position who is Diploma qualified...

Lorina
Just wanted to add as a Level 3.4 - Diploma qualified Assistant educator your minimum hourly wage is $23.21/per hour.

Since it seems you are getting paid lower than this amount you may just want to check with the Director about what's happening. It could just be a small error that they didn't put your pay up since you had completed your Diploma qualification... So, just have a chat with work and see what's going on...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:17 pm

hailey18 wrote:Hello :)

I'm currently studying Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (birth to 5 years).
Since I have finished 65% of my course,
my centre is going to put my course transcript through ACECQA waiver and hire me as an ECT.

I have been working in the centre for about 2 years (1 year as a full-time educator the other year as a permanent casual at least 20 hours a week).

I was wondering what level I am entitled to paid at according to Children's Services Award.

I tried to figure out with the Award but it was a bit tricky to find it out.

It would be great if anybody can tell me the level.

Thank you :)
Hi Hailey,

I just received information from Fair Work regarding your pay level. This what they said:

As you are not qualified at this point in time, you are considered an "all other teacher" (clause 3.1) which means an employee who does not have the qualifications of a three year, four year or five year trained teacher

In the award, clause 13.4 outlines that:-

(d) All other teachers and two year trained teachers as defined in clause 3.1 will commence on Level 1 of the salary scale in clause 14 and progress according to normal years of service to a maximum of Level 5.

Award Reference: Educational Services Teachers Award 2010

I hope this information helps!

Lorina

hailey18

Post by hailey18 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Hello, Lorina
I was wondering if you were able to figure out my level for the payment :)

Thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Sure! Ok so annual wage is $46,782 and since you are working in an LDC (at least 8 hours each day) you will be paid an additional 4%.

My calculation is $46,782 + $1,871.21(4%) = $48,653.21 (annual salary).

Hope this helps!

Lorina