Children and group time

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
anhy123

Children and group time

Post by anhy123 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Hello, I have just started in childcare as a room leader in a preschool room. I have 24 children from 3 to 5, some going to school next year some not. Some do not speak English some are developmentally challenged aswel. Also the room seems to be the crossover room with alot of children that have challenging behaviours. My question is how can I keep 4 children happy who are 3 or just turned 4 during group time. They do not want to be a part of group time. When you ask them to join in they become deviant and say No and that sets a very non helpful tone for the whole day. Please need help want to keep the 4 boys motivated without forcing them to do group time. Want to be gentle as I think the more I try to control them the more resilliant they become.

Pavani

Re: Children and group time

Post by Pavani » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:20 pm

Hello,

First of all feel free to talk to them. Give them much more attention. Ask about their interests. Give priority to their interests. Conduct games or activities to them. Dont be harsh. Deal with soft nature. Tell them if you mingle with the group of your classmates we will give some chocolates or toys

So that they likes to enjoy group time. In this manner you can attract first those boys and then slowly move into group to motivate them without forcing.

Hope this is helpful to you. Feel free to ask us still you need more.

Thank you.