Broken shift allowance

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Traici

Broken shift allowance

Post by Traici » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:38 pm

I read the child care award and it states that if you work a broken shift you are to be paid an allowance of 1.91% of the standard rate. My work pays me $2.47 per broken shift, stating that this is 1.91% of the standard rate. However, when checking with fair work, they say that I should be paid around $13.50 per broken shift. Can anyone clarify what are the correct payments for broken shift allowance? Is it 1.91% of the daily rate or 1.91% of the weekly rate. TBH $2.47 isn't cutting it, it doesn't even pay my bus fare home and back to the centre again.

Lorina

Re: Broken shift allowance

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Traici, I'm not sure... I only worked broken shifts in an OOSH back in the day and I can't remember what my rate was... Trying to find out..

:geek:,
L.A

meganheather

Re: Broken shift allowance

Post by meganheather » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi,

I work In OSHC and I get $13.50 (approx) a day as a broken shift allowance, I did some calculations and what I get paid is close to 1.91% of my weekly rate but way over my daily rate so I assume the allowance goes by your weekly rate. Have a read through the Children's services award it will soon tell you.

Megan.