Average hourly wage in Family Daycare

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bsraffa

Average hourly wage in Family Daycare

Post by Bsraffa » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Hello,
I was just wondering what the average hourly rate is for FDC educators is. I have heard figures going from as low as $4-something an hour to about $15 or $30 an hour...there's such a vast disparity between the figures. I understand that the educators add their rate onto the wages paid by their company.

Lorina

Re: Average hourly wage in Family Daycare

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:27 am

Hi There,

Sorry I'm not going to be of much help...lol...

However, I suggest you contact Family Day Care Australia and ask them about it. I'm sure they will be able to give you a rough estimate...

http://www.familydaycare.com.au/index.p ... ducator#M1

:geek:,
L.A

NorthLight36
Helper
Helper

Post by NorthLight36 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Well, I'm about to shift into family daycare and the rate I was quoted was $7 to $8 an hour, per child. My council is sending out more information to me tomorrow, so I'd be happy to share info with the group when it arrives.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:55 am

NorthLight36 wrote:Well, I'm about to shift into family daycare and the rate I was quoted was $7 to $8 an hour, per child. My council is sending out more information to me tomorrow, so I'd be happy to share info with the group when it arrives.

Yeah that will be great if you don't mind. I haven't had any experience with FDC so have no idea how it all works. Any information will be much appreciated. Would really like some understanding on how the whole wages work within an FDC and what is a scheme etc.

Also, are you turning to FDC after working in an LDC? Are you setting up an FDC within your own home?

:geek:
L.A

NorthLight36
Helper
Helper

Post by NorthLight36 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Yes I am shifting from LDC to FDC, Lorina. In a house I'm renting.

I'll be happy to share my information with you, and my experiences as I get started if that's helpful? It's going to be an exciting month!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks so much! I have a lot of questions to ask so maybe it's best if we start a new forum topic specifically for starting up an FDC... I'm sure there are a lot of educators who are interested in starting up an FDC but don't exactly know where to start.. Your information will be very useful!

Hope you don't mind,

:geek:,
L.A

NorthLight36
Helper
Helper

Post by NorthLight36 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:16 pm

I don't mind at all. The information pack didn't arrive today, but I expect it'll be here tomorrow or Monday. A lot of mail in my area has been delayed by the Gippsland fires and the resulting poor air quality. I'll share it as soon as I have it, and we'll go from there.