2.4% Wage Increase For Educators??

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
chichi
Helper
Helper

2.4% Wage Increase For Educators??

Post by chichi » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi I saw this post that Childcare worker has a increase of 2.4% pay by 1st July 2016 in this article: http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/ar ... -educators

Does this apply to worker like me who has no qualification and currently studying and working? I currently getting paid $17.5 for unqualified childcare worker as I am studying my Diploma at the moment while working full time. Will My wage also increase? Or only for qualified childcare worker only? Thanks.

Lorina

Re: 2.4% Wage Increase For Educators??

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi There,

It doesn't matter if your qualified or unqualified, if you are receiving the minimum wage as stated in the Children's Services Award you will get the increase...

Just a quick question... are you working as an assistant? How far into your Diploma are you? Have you finished your Cert 3 portions of your Diploma?

:geek:,
Lorina

chichi
Helper
Helper

Post by chichi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:44 am

Yes I am working as an assistant. I started my course last year but only been doing 3 modules haven't finish certificate 3 as yet. I find it hard working full time and studying full time while have my own business on the side. So it's a bit slow for me

chichi
Helper
Helper

Post by chichi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 am

I have been working in the centre since December 2015 and currently still working full time as an assistant. Will I still get a pay increase? If so how much am I suppose to get pay for? My current work has mention nothing about this so I want to find out from them too with more information.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi ChiChi,

Yes, I can understand that it is hard to study and work full time and you also have a business! Slow and steady wins the race! You'll be right! When you have the time get to your studies but remember you only have a limit to complete your qualification... So, for Dilploma you may have only 2 years... Time goes fast so try not to keep it for the last minute!

As for your wages, with no formal qualification you will be on Level 1.1 and your minimum wage is $17.68/per hour full time. You mentioned you were only getting $17.50, so as stated in the minimum award your getting 18 cents short. Your may want to bring it up with the director. Tell them you checked the Children's Services Award and from your understanding you should be getting $17.68. You are receiving the minimum wage so yes on 01 July you will be eligible for the 2.4% increase.

Once you have completed your cert 3 modules in your Diploma qualification your wages will increase to Level 3.1. So, make sure that you tell your work that you completed your cert 3 modules once you have done it. You may need to get "evidence" of this from your course provider as well...

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have anymore questions...

:geek:,
Lorina

chichi
Helper
Helper

Post by chichi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi Lorina,
Thank you yes I have $17.68 I thought I had $17.50 before that was my bad.

That's great news. I hope we do when the time arrives. I told HR too and they said Fair trading hasn't gone public about it as yet but once they do they will pay us accordingly to the award.

When you said finish certificate 3 in my diploma how do I know how many modules I need to do to complete certificate 3 in my diploma?