When are you counted as Diploma?

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Krizi

When are you counted as Diploma?

Post by Krizi » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Hi, I'm almost finished my cert 3, I have been told I am counted as diploma ratio as soon as I start studying my diploma as now you have to do your cert 3 before doing your diploma but I am wondering at what point are you considered qualified enough to open or close the centre alone or as the dip qualified with other assistant educators, if that makes sense?
Thanks!

prunellstich

Re: When are you counted as Diploma?

Post by prunellstich » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:42 am

Hi, as far as I know, once you start studying for your Diploma, you'll be counted as part of the diploma ratio, which means you'll be considered qualified enough to work as a Diploma-qualified educator alongside other assistant educators.
However, in terms of being able to open or close a centre alone, that depends on the specific regulations and requirements in your area. It's possible that there may be additional qualifications or experience needed before you can take on that level of responsibility.

So I would recommend checking with your local regulatory body or the centre you're interested in working at to get more information on what is required for that level of responsibility.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 31, 2023 1:17 pm

Krizi wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:12 pm
Hi, I'm almost finished my cert 3, I have been told I am counted as diploma ratio as soon as I start studying my diploma as now you have to do your cert 3 before doing your diploma but I am wondering at what point are you considered qualified enough to open or close the centre alone or as the dip qualified with other assistant educators, if that makes sense?
Thanks!
Since you are considered as a diploma for ratio purposes, from what I understand if they need a diploma for opening and close for ratio purposes which you are considered to be then it won't be an issue.

:geek:,
Lorina

BettyT

Post by BettyT » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:36 pm

prunellstich wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:42 am
Hi, as far as I know, once you start studying for your Diploma, you'll be counted as part of the diploma ratio, which means you'll be considered qualified enough to work as a Diploma-qualified educator alongside other assistant educators. However, in terms of being able to open or close a centre alone, that depends on the specific regulations and requirements in your area. It's possible that there may be additional qualifications or experience needed before you can take on that level of responsibility.

So I would recommend checking with your local regulatory body or the centre you're interested in working at to get more information on what is required for that level of responsibility.
I want to agree and say that the ability to open or close the center on your own clearly depends on the rules and requirements in your area. It is always best to seek clarification from the relevant authorities or the center where you want to work.

leahrp

Can someone help me with this question please

Post by leahrp » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:03 pm

So I’ve been working in childcare so the past nine years, I’m pretty good with knowledge of childcare ins and outs but the last few months I have been really ill with an illness I was currently studying my diploma so working towards over the weekend I decided to cancel that but I need to tell my boss of cancelled it. My current workplace is paying me $29.00 but I can’t continue my studies due to the illness I just can’t get my head round so I was actively studying how do I tell my work place I have cancelled it because of my illness and they need to either stop using me as working towards qualified will they get angry at me or will I need to pay anything back to my workplace my study’s haven’t been through work I have paid for it with my own pocket