Traineeship working hours condition

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
avril_s9

Traineeship working hours condition

Post by avril_s9 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi, I'm currently working full-time as a trainee for almost 6 months now and I have a few questions regarding my working hours condition. I know I should have ask my director this when I just started but it finally annoyed me and I just want to ask here first before bringing it up to my director.

My shifts are on weekly rotation and varies : 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 8:30am- 5:30pm and 9am- 6pm (closing). However it always less likely that I would be going home on time due to ratios and the centre's policy : Trainees leave last and have longer shifts (which means us trainees have to wait for other educators with higher qualifications to leave on time first before we could leave although we started on an earlier shift, because trainees are cheaper to pay). So for example if I start at 7-4, i would always end up getting off at around 5:15pm. Which makes it a total of over 10 hours per day, over 50 hours per week,that means at least 10 hours of over time for that sole week. And my payslips would always come back with 76 hours and 4- 8 hours of overtime per fortnight (I still don't understand how do they work it out). My other shifts are quite similar 8am-5:30pm, 8:30am-5:40pm,9am-6pm (obviously I can't do anymore overtime here because the centre closes at 6, but other educator shift is 10am-6pm).
Also, I have 1 hour lunch break everyday and my director told me that I get 30 min paid break in that 1 hour as my study break, however I have read another post that explained child care employees are entitled to a 30 min break if working 8 hours and 2x 10 min paid breaks. If that's the case and those pay breaks could be included in my 1 hour lunch break then that means I only have 10 min study break everyday?
-Does any of you have work in centres with the same policy?
-Am I being pay less then what I should be entitled to?
-Or is this a breach to the actual traineeship conditions?