Traineeship in Childcare

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
chrys_lea

Traineeship in Childcare

Post by chrys_lea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 am

I am sure this has been the topic for a number of posts. Not too sure if I am looking in the right places, but would be great if I could get some much needed advice.

I am currently 29 and would like to get into Cert II in Children's Services but am unable to get funds for the course as I have completed Cert III & IV in Business Administration. So am looking at completing a Traineeship if possible.

I am not worried about the wages as we are are on practicly a sole income from my husband with a health care card so if any extra income that would be a bonus.

Where abouts do I go? I have tried contacting Apprenticeships Aus and no one will contact me back. Also have used trusty old google but not giving me the answers I need. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be Fabulous!

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Traineeship in Childcare

Post by Steffelz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey chrys, Im in queensland, but Im pretty sure that all over AUS, Goodstart centers (old ABC) will do something like that, Heres something I copied and pasted from their site "Employer-funded training is available to students who are permanent Goodstart staff members. These courses are flexible so students can continue full work time while studying.

Some students may also be eligible for recognition of prior learning, which can assist them with competing their qualification. Trainers/Assessors and Student Support Officers are always here to offer support and guidance."

Also centerlink might be able to point you in the direction of other centers that pay for you to study. In QLD there is a thing called Skilling Queensland, but I know that there are also Government funded Childrens Services Courses australia wide. (Unfortunately for me, I found all this out AFTER paying for my course in full and I cant get a bloody refund because Its hell to get hold of my college...SIGH) hope this helps :)

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Steffelz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:51 pm

P.S the Goodstart (ABC) website is www.goodstart.org.au

leekane00

Post by leekane00 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi how do I apply for this Child Care Traineeship??? please

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:52 am

Just search for Childcare Traineeship jobs in and around your locality. Here is a link:

Childcare Traineeships

:geek:,
L.A