Taking Holidays On A Traineeship

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jezzakeen

Taking Holidays On A Traineeship

Post by jezzakeen » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:54 am

Hi all.
My name is jessa.
I have a question I have been trying to research the answer for but cannot seem to find any resourceful answers. I am starting a paid week traineeship trial and if the week works out both for myself and the director, I will be starting my traineeship pretty much after that.
I have one dilemna though. My partner and I have booked and planned to take our son to new Zealand for a two week holiday befor he starts back at school next year.
am i entitled to take leave for this occasion whilst doing my traineeship? :?: And any type of leave at that matter. Surely there would be something as it is a 12month traineeship.
Looking forward to hearing back thank you :wave:
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Taking Holidays On A Traineeship

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 am

Hi Jessa,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

During your traineeship you are probably working 38 hours per week, so that's full time. Most likely you will get the 2 weeks over Christmas (if your centre is closed) and your annual leave will be accrued from when you begin. As per my understanding, even though you're a trainee you still get the same benefits as a full time employee.

You mentioned that you have already booked your holiday. So, you may want to mention it to the Director so they know...

I've been to New Zealand both North and South Island and it's such a beautiful country!! I did the Glacier Walk in Franz Joseph (South Island) and it was a great experience! Also did the Worlds Longest Flying Fox in Nelson! And so much more!! So much to do there!

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina