I am a newbie in Sydney. Go for Traineeship, any advise?

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
vivien

I am a newbie in Sydney. Go for Traineeship, any advise?

Post by vivien » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

I have been staying in Sydney for 3 years. I would like to get a new career path. I am a Chinese, got a Bachelor Degree in my home country. I am 39 years old with one kid. I am not native speaker in English.

Any chance for me to get start? Am I too old (39)? How can I get the traineeship opportunity?

Anyone can give me some advise? Thanks a lot! :P

Lorina

Re: I am a newbie in Sydney. Go for Traineeship, any advise?

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi Vivien,

If you are thinking about starting a career in Childcare, a traineeship is a great way for you to get experience and learn how to work with children... I don't think your're too old for a traineeship, it's actually great to have a mature person like yourself involved in this industry...

Just about the traineeship...Not too sure if you are familiar with it but basically the idea of a traineeship is for you to work and study at the same time. The centre you work for will pay for your traineeship and you will be under contract to work there. Usually it takes about a year to complete. Your assignments will be sent to you and then an assessor will come out and observe you, give you suggesstions etc. So after a year you will gain your certificate 3 qualification.

If you are interested you can search for a traineeship on job sites such as career one or job seekers. if you know any Childcare centres in your area, give them a call and let them know your interested in a traineeship... Maybe something will be available closer to your home if your lucky...

Let me know if you have any more questions,so I could help you out!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

vivien

Re: I am a newbie in Sydney. Go for Traineeship, any advise?

Post by vivien » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks L.A!

I am quite lose at the moment. Just want to get some qualification to get set for a new career. However, there are traineeship, study full time in TAFE for 18 weeks or OTEN. Any advise? What are the Pros and Cons? Do you know which one is no need to pay for the course fee?

Thanks again!

Vivien