childcare traineeship 100 hours?

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
a_ambica

childcare traineeship 100 hours?

Post by a_ambica » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi

In order to complete the Certificate III 100 hours of practical experience is required. I am planning to do the course online and when I am done with all the units, then go for the 100 hours traineeship. Does any childcare centre offer the 100 hours only or does it have to be 1 year traineeship????? Please advice

Lorina

Re: childcare traineeship 100 hours?

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Hey Ambica,

In regards to completing your Certificate 3, yes you will need to do work placement. For work placement typically you ring up a childcare centre and ask them if you can go there to complete work placement... Most centres don't mind and they are happy to have you on board... So, you work at a centre until you complete the necessary hours... I worked it out for you and if you work 8hrs five days a week then it's only 12 and a half days, if you work 10hrs five days a week then it's only 10 days... Then again it also depends on the centre, they may have different hours they want you to work... Also during work placement you don't get paid... it's part of your learning and a requirement to complete your certificate 3...

Hopefully this helps you out!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A