Cancelling Traineeship

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
laureng

Cancelling Traineeship

Post by laureng » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi!

So I tried posting this earlier, I’m not sure if it went through or not..

I am approximately 5 months into my traineeship, and I am not normally an anxious, stressed or easily annoyed/upset person. I am currently working in the 3-4s room and I have endured all of these mentioned above.

I have two young children at home and my (loving!) partner who cop the back end of my stress and how upset I become.

I honestly feel like I can’t go on anymore, I am so drained and mentally exhausted. I want and need to enjoy my own children and I feel as though it’s so unfair on them.

How do I (or can I) talk to my employer about cancelling my traineeship? I don’t want to leave on bad terms, my children are enrolled at the centre and I honestly do like the director and centre itself.

Please, would love any advice if any

Thank you..

Lorina

Re: Cancelling Traineeship

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you are being affected by your job. It shouldn't be this way. Once you step out of that door from work you should leave work behind and focus on your own family and personal commitments.

What is happening at work to cause you stress?

Are there problems with other Educators?

Have you spoken to your Director about this?

Your Director may not even know your feelings or what has been happening so I suggest that you have a chat about your issues or what your concerns are. She may be able to give you less workload or try and solve some of the problems.

Your family always comes first and if your job is getting out of hand then you need to decide whether its worth it or not.

:geek:,
Lorina