bachelor degree

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
charrouf

bachelor degree

Post by charrouf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 pm

hi my name is safaa

I'm 17 years old, I'm beginning my traineeship cert 3 in early childhood education full-time next week, goes for a year. after that I'm wanting to do traineeship diploma same ECE, (i don't know how long that goes so if you can give me an answer to that too) and hopefully when i finish the diploma, i want to do a bachelor in ECE of course i have to do it in uni, just wanting to know, me having the qualification of cert 3 and diploma of ECE could that take me straight to uni to do an bachelor of ECE. and me having an cert 3 and diploma does that give me 50 50 on doing the bachelor degree for 2 years, i think it goes for 4 years. but an childcare centre told me that me doing cert3 and diploma gives me 50 50 to do the bachelor for 2 years just want to know if thats right.

tmac13

Re: bachelor degree

Post by tmac13 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi Safaa,

There are a variety of different ECT courses available at different unis, so it depends on the course (and whether you wish to do a combined degree like EC/Primary). In most circumstances, your diploma does count towards course credit. I am at UNE doing Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching) and my diploma took 2 years off my course, leaving me with 2 years of the university study. So to answer your query, yes, in my case, my diploma 'halved' my course :)