Transition Ratio

Educator to child ratios, ratios within a service, ratios with different ages etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
GJones

Transition Ratio

Post by GJones » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi,

I have heard some conflicting views about children moving up in ratio before officially being moved up. My previous work had said that if a child is in a 6 week time frame from turning for example 3 they could be counted in a 1:10 ratio(NSW) even though they aren't 3 yet as they were transiting to the new ratio/room. I have had a look into the regs and haven't seen anything to confirm this, any assistance would be great!

Thank you :)

jese.turagabeci

Re: Transition Ratio

Post by jese.turagabeci » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Hi! Did you ever find the answer to your question? Lol I have heard it’s the first day of the child’s birth month than they can be counted as the higher ratio but haven’t found anything in the refs to support it…

Lorina

Re: Transition Ratio

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:52 pm

There is nothing confirming this in the regulations. In my opinion it depends solely on the child's age - a child can only be counted in the higher when they are at that age. Even if a child is almost 3 - they should only be counted in the 3 year group once they are legally at that age. Once again, there is nothing to confirm this... this is as per my opinion and experience.

:geek:,
Lorina