theorists

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
lee

theorists

Post by lee » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:40 am

Hi, i love your site and have been reading all info for quite some time. i am well under way with program and documentation but would like to know exactly how to add theorists to my stories. I have been studying some of them particularly Montesorri but am unsure if and how to document. Do i need to do it sort of like a bibliography is written ?

rachelroo

Re: theorists

Post by rachelroo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:26 pm

We have a staff reflection that we do each week that has different theorists, We need to read one of their theories and then reflect on these through the week and try and implement some of their ideas into our teaching strategies. At the end of the week we reflect on how we implemented these into our teaching strategies and reflect on what worked and what didn't, what children benifited from these teaching strategies and who didnt.
We dont actually add the theorists to learning stories in a direct way, it may be one of the teaching strategies is used to extend interest/learning ,or intentional teaching is used that is documented as a learning story.. that idea the educator has had is influenced by a theorist....so really it is an indirect way of documenting it I suppose.