Is this legal?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
midget

Is this legal?

Post by midget » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Is it legal for employees to have to have their "breaks" during their programming time? We are having troubles ratio wise, lunches/breaks always running late, etcetera.

Lorina

Re: Is this legal?

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:17 am

Programming time is supposed to be separate from lunch breaks... I mean how are you supposed to concentrate on programming when you are having lunch and what not...

:geek:,
Lorina

midget

Post by midget » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:27 pm

Huh,
Well this seems to be occurring a lot...

Thank you Lorina!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:05 pm

That's such a shame maybe you can bring it up together at the staff meeting with the other Educators and discuss ways it can be resolved...

:geek:.
Lorina

midget

Post by midget » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:42 am

Unfortunately anything I bring up gets blown over.
I just became permanent, but have had to take time off work after experiencing breakdowns.

A loved one has told me work until the new year and if nothing changes just leave.

A new colleague (day 4) unfortunately already looks so overwhelmed and at this point I do not know how to support her other than keep checking that she is okay.

Another less new colleague is considering quitting childcare altogether.

Two room leaders are constantly overwhelmed, picking up the slack, and taking the fall (involuntarily).

I and another colleague have been told to cancel previous appointments (mine was for the covid vaccination) so that I could come in to work that day.

I was called continuously over the course of 2, maybe almost 3 months whilst sick with pneumonia.

It has been so disheartening and disappointing. I love the children so much, but feel like a means to an end.

I am sorry to vent, I guess I am heartbroken to be treated and see my colleagues treated this way.