Ambiguous Email Following Phone Interview

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Ambiguous Email Following Phone Interview

Post by Macoola » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi, I guess I am posting this more for reassurance than anything.

I had a phone interview last week that went really well and the Centre director and recruitment officer sounded very positive about my application. Since then I received an ambiguous email. In said a big CONGRATULATIONS at the top and then stated how happy they were with the interview and that my references checked out. I assumed this meant I either had the job or would be in for a second interview face to face this time.

Unfortunately, since then I have received radio silence. I sent an email this morning just to see how things are going. Maybe I am being unreasonable, but I am just confused as to if I have the job or not. It is kind of stressful as this job would involve me moving, so I sort of need to know where I stand sooner rather than later. It has been 4 days now, am I just being impatient? Is this usual practice?

Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated :sweating:

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ambiguous Email Following Phone Interview

Post by Macoola » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:36 am

Update on this, I finally heard back. I have got the job! Sorry for my impatience haha, I just hate the waiting.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:38 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!

That's fantastic news!!!

Awesome!!!

:geek:,
Lorina

Donkky12

Post by Donkky12 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Congrats!

Meanwhile...I had a phone interview with the recruiter and zoom interview with the centre director 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back since. Deliberating if i should give them an email to at least know that I didn't get the role or if they're still waiting to make a decision

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Donkky12 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:42 pm
Congrats!

Meanwhile...I had a phone interview with the recruiter and zoom interview with the centre director 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back since. Deliberating if i should give them an email to at least know that I didn't get the role or if they're still waiting to make a decision

Of course, you should! Two weeks is a long wait! The wait itself will drive me crazy! :lol:

Definitely email to find out what's happening so you can get a move on itself if you didn't get the position...

:geek:,
Lorina

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Donkky12 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:42 pm
Congrats!

Thank you. I would definitely be calling to ask about the position. I find it very frustrating when employers don't consider how the candidates are feeling during these long waits!

I really hope it goes well. Let us know how it turns out :)