what do you struggle with?

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Ethicalyvette

what do you struggle with?

Post by Ethicalyvette » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:07 pm

What are the main things you struggle with working in the childcare industry? and why?

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: what do you struggle with?

Post by linsaa fdc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 am

I struggle with getting all of my portfolios and documentation, professional development hours done during my work week and not having to do it on my weekend/personal time.
Need to have balance, in FDC we don't get any lunch break or quiet programing time, so its really important to have at least our weekends and holidays to ourselves.

Linsaa fdc :wave:

a9898
Participator
Participator

Re: what do you struggle with?

Post by a9898 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:14 am

I'm still new in the field... and just done 2 months of full time work. So have a few things haha
-Documentation (being able to write quickly and also after obs the development summaries/ critical reflection on my primary group of children as I have only done one child for assessments)
-Being firm, working on it atm but its not consistent only sometimes it comes out and so children are not following/listening to me during sleep time or when they're not suppose to do it
-Singing, im beginning to do it more when it gets abit hectic myself as usually i just join in with the other educators but children lose interest quickly or i dont know that many songs/lyrics